Virginia Cook, Realtors®:
6 Reasons Why Fall is a Great Time to Sell Your Home
As we Texans like to say, It’s Fall, Y’all! That means Friday night lights, chili suppers, falling leaves and amazing weather for getting outdoors for fun and recreation.
Fall is also a great time to list your home for sale! Here are six reasons why:
1. Families are back from vacation. Schedules are normalized with kids back in school. And the autumn weather just seems to make everyone a little happier with temperatures that are conducive to getting out and about to tour homes.
2. The holiday hustle is still a good 65 to 75 days away. With homes selling in an average of 39 days in North Texas, that means you could be moved into your new abode just in time to go over the hills and through the woods to grandma's for Thanksgiving.
3. Demand remains high. On average, 400 people are moving into the North Texas region per day. They are highly motivated to find a home where they can hang their stockings and trim the tree.
4. Prices keep rising. The year-to-date median sales price for North Texas this year has climbed 9% from the same time a year ago.
5. Homes show well in the autumn. It's easy and affordable to create seasonal curb appeal by raking the leaves and framing the front steps and entry with yellow, gold and orange mums, chrysanthemums, pumpkins and gourds. Carry the fall them inside with some autumn-hued accent pillows, candles or other seasonal touches like a bowl of crisp red apples and a plate of cinnamon-y treats like Snicker Doodle cookies. Ideal mood music includes George Winston's new age piano album Autumn or Vivaldi’s Four Seasons.
6. The home team is suited up and ready to compete for you. Whether you are buying or selling a home, that’s more critical than ever because a local professional brings the experience and market knowledge to ensure that you achieve your goals with the best possible financial terms.
“Virginia Cook, Realtors has served thousands of local home buyers and seller during the past 18 years,” said Sheila Rice, executive president. “We all live and work here, and we care deeply about the people we have the privilege of serving. There’s no better team to choose in any season.”