The toughest challenge faced by sellers is attracting qualified buyers, and Virginia Cook, Realtors’ aggressive, innovative and proven approach to selling homes produces buyers in today’s competitive market.
Factors Determining the Selling Time and Price Received
- The listing price
- The condition of your home
- The agent selected
- The location
- Available financing
- Supply and demand
- The competition of new construction
- Economic trends
Pricing Your Home
Our real estate professionals with Virginia Cook, Realtors bring the expertise and experience to analyze and interpret the data and trends impacting your home’s value. By establishing the correct listing price for your home, we create competition among qualified buyers to attract strong offers in the shortest possible time.
Factors Affecting Your Selling Price:
- Usable square footage and lot dimensions
- Condition of property inside and out
- Buyer demand
- Prices of recently sold properties
- Interest rates and availability of financing
- Condition of the economy
- Seasonal demand
- Similar properties available for sale
- Their price, location and condition
Factors Not Affecting Your Selling Price:
- Original purchase price
- Cost to re-build a similar home today
- Total costs of improvements
- Personalized or overbuilt improvements
- Personal attachment
Preparing Your Home
Our real estate professionals with Virginia Cook, Realtors have the insight to make your home stand out in a competitive market. By helping you see your home from a buyer’s perspective, we ensure that you make a great first impression (link to home prep doc). We also make it easy and more secure to show your home with our electronic keyboxes and other security policies.
Marketing Your Home
Photographs are a central component of marketing a property. The primary function that photos perform is to get prospective buyers to come look at the property. Read more about using photos in real estate marketing and preparing your home for a Photo Shoot.
Our integrated marketing program is designed to bring qualified buyers to your home in the shortest time possible.
- Your home will have its own page on www.virginiacook.com with detailed property information and a photo gallery. Webcasts and virtual tours are also available.
- Your home will be on of the top real estate sites including:
- HGTV channel’s FrontDoor.com
90% of all real estate transactions involve a broker, and we work hard to maintain outstanding relationships in the brokerage community through professional, ethical and responsive behavior.
Our colleagues trust us and want to work with us, and that means more buyer traffic for your home.
How We Market Your Home to Other Brokers:
- Multiple Listing Service - over 25,000 active subscribers
- Virginia Cook, Realtors Open Houses - our agents give valuable feedback
- Broker Open Houses - for all agents
- Direct mail and e-mail campaigns
- Special events
- Social and personal networking
As a member of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, we promote your home to our global network of:
- 700 firms
- 5,500 offices
- 170,000 associates
This network has closed 1.2 million transactions valued at over $370 billion closed annually – more than any other real estate network. It has sold more homes over $1 million than any other network.
Database marketing drives our direct mail, e-mail and broker-relations activities.
We reach the broadest audience possible to cross market your home to:
- Industry affiliates
- Family and friends
Our high impact advertising program can include the design and distribution of marketing materials such as property graphics, placement of online and print newspaper ads, and hosting open houses and special events.
Closing the Sale of Your Home
Our real estate professionals with Virginia Cook, Realtors have the experience and skill to negotiate for your success when the offers come on your home.
You also have the peace of mind know that a real estate specialist is managing your transaction from contract to closing including:
- Distributing contracts to all relevant parties
- Coordinating a home inspection
- Completing required disclosure forms
- Collecting important documents such as the tax bill
- Updating you when contingencies have been satisfied
- Recommending service providers for moving, home-improvement and repairs
- Coordinating your closing
- Reviewing settlement figures for accuracy
- Assist with additional real estate needs